Monday, May 23, 2011

Can You Guess...

Who has the first broken bone of our
children???

When I sent this text to my dad, he text back
saying "Oh no, is Gavin allright?"  My dad and
stepmom didn't even ask if it was Gavin.

Long story short.  We were all out talking to our
neighbors about 9 o'clock on Saturday night.  They
were bringing Gavin home from playing and dinner
at their house.  I got a phone call and went in the
house.  The neighbors left and Gavin went to get his
baseball bat by the retaining wall.  He misjudged the edge
and fell about 10-12 feet over the edge.  Poor baby said he
tried to scream, but no sound would come out.  He had the
wind knocked out of him.  Finally he could scream and Blake
heard him.  Gavin was covered head to toe in mud and Blake
had to carry him up because Keith was holding on to Macey.
He complained right away that his arm was hurting and he was
crying really hard which is really unlike Gavin.  I loaded him up
and took him to the E.R.    After the x-ray, the doctor came in
and said he had a buckle fracture.  The bone didn't break or crack,
it bowed out from the pressure.  They did a temporary cast and
gave him a sling and had me call the orthopedic doctor first thing
Monday morning.  Here is the temporary cast-





















Macey keeps sticking her arm in this thing.  I guess she is copying Gavin.





















The orthopedic doctor had us bring Gavin in first thing this
morning and they put his permanent cast on.  He picked a blue
cast.  I took him to school about 10 this morning.  I got a phone call
about 1 this afternoon from the school nurse that Gavin was in
too much pain to stay at school.  Keith picked him up and brought
him home and put his sling back on him and he has done fine.  I
think keeping his arm elevated has helped more than anything.
He goes back June 21st to see if he can have his cast removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment